Each year the Board of Governors for Argonne recognizes the lab’s top performers with more than $40,000 in awards for distinguished performance, outstanding service, education, and safety achievements.
The annual awards include:
- Distinguished Performance Awards for outstanding scientific or technical achievements, or a distinguished record of achievement of select Argonne employees
- Outstanding Service Awards, the highest honor the university gives to Argonne employees in support positions
- Director’s Award for Outstanding Safety Leadership that recognizes laboratory leaders who, in an exceptional and exemplary way, embody the principles of integrated safety management, contribute to a positive safety culture, demonstrate a commitment to excellence in workplace safety and successfully address critical challenges and vulnerabilities in safety
- Director’s Team Award for Outstanding Safety Performance given to a team of laboratory employees who embody the principles of integrated safety management and directly contribute to the creation and sustenance of a positive safety culture and a commitment to excellence in workplace safety
- Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion that recognizes excellence in promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion within their workplace
- Pinnacle of Education Award that recognizes employees for their leadership in science education and outreach
Argonne employees can send their children to one of the world’s great intellectual destinations: The University of Chicago. With a community that has earned more than 85 Nobel Prizes and a rigorous curriculum that empowers students to challenge the status quo, UChicago consistently ranks as one of the best universities in the country.
As a benefit for working at the lab, Argonne employees whose children are accepted to the undergraduate College receive 50 percent tuition remission for four years. In addition, the University is need blind and meets 100% of demonstrated need. You can learn more about the generous financial support here: https://collegeadmissions.uchicago.edu/cost-aid.